Please phone or email and volunteer to serve on the board OR even off the board. Regular duties usually include only about 9 evening meetings a year and responding to emails or occasional phone calls.
- Public Works (attend District meetings once a month and deal with road issues in Sandy Hook)
- Planning ( attend District meetings once a month and report to the board)
OR just be a member of the board at large, participating as you find time.
Hello, everyone -
Your Sandy Hook Community Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday, June 20 at 7:00 PM at the Sechelt Arts Center. In order to prepare for that meeting the SHCA Board of Directors is seeking nominations for new Board members. There are a few important points to note from our SHCA Bylaws and current schedule:
- All nominations for Board members are due to the SHCA Secretary (see the attached form for more information) by Friday, May 17th at 6:00 PM.
- The current Board of Directors will prepare a slate of prospective Board members for election at the AGM at least 30 days prior to the AGM meeting date.
- Only SHCA members may vote at the AGM. In order to be eligible to vote your current dues must be paid at least 10 days prior to the AGM.
- At least 5 days prior to the AGM any 5 SHCA members can nominate by written petition additional individuals for possible election to the Board.
Nomination forms are available here on the SHCA web site and in the SHCA boxes (where you pick up the newsletters) near the regular mailboxes. Look for the sign that says "SHCA Board Nomination Forms Available Here". You can also sign up for membership here online..
We look forward to your involvement.